Though Aristotle was the first to mention ‘the stream of time’ in his book Physics IV, the modern concept of linear memory storage was introduced by American psychologist, William James, in 1890. The concept was then revived in the 1970s with the advent and development of modern day Neuro Linguistic Programming and the Time Line Therapy techniques in use today are the result of this evolution of thinking and understanding. Our Time Line Therapy and Hypnosis training is designed to help you get a better understanding of how and why you react to certain situations.
In this 5 day intensive Time Line Therapy and Hypnosis course you will be immersed in the world of Milton Erikson and John Elman as well as experiencing the power of Time Line Therapy. With a focus and interest in how you think, we get right to the root cause of all of the key emotions, Anger, Sadness, Fear, Hurt and Guilt. Working as the practitioner and client gives you the unique opportunity to see how these tools benefit us from both sides of the table. We work with you from the foundations of the practitioners level, supporting and guiding you to the masters level. After the five days you will walk away with two globally recognised and accredited qualifications.
For more detailed information
In a nutshell, our course covers the following three areas:
- Negative Emotions, or, as we like to call them, those persistent little gremlins that can keep you playing small and stuck in unhelpful patterns of behaviour. Time Line Therapy helps you break free from emotions like anger, sadness, fear, hurt and guilt by releasing these emotions from the memories that trigger them. This means you are free to react to future situations without all the baggage of the past.
- Limiting Decisions – also known as the totally-not-true stories you have written about yourself that are preventing you from stepping up into your true potential. Often they are based on past experiences and what you may have gleaned from these experiences is that they are evidence that you’re not good enough, not capable enough, not worthy and not deserving. So, as you can see – really not helpful! Time Line Therapy allows you to leave these limiting beliefs and decisions in the past where they belong, allowing you to create new and empowering alternatives.
- Creating Your Future. Or, as we like to call it – The Best Bit! Once all those unresolved issues have finally been filed away in our ‘ learning experience’ folder, Time Line Therapy gives us a simple but very powerful process that allows us to create our future dreams and goals. We delve deep into our imagination to create an inspirational future that brings us into alignment with the life that we’re meant to be living. It’s exciting stuff!
Now, forget everything you’ve seen on the telly box – hypnosis is not a state of sleep or unconsciousness. It’s actually the induction of a deeply relaxed condition, which has been scientifically proven to bring about change in certain repetitive behaviours.
During hypnosis we are in an enhanced state of awareness, focusing solely on the hypnotherapist’s voice. This distracts and suppresses the conscious mind, allowing the subconscious mind to be revealed. Hypnosis can be used to tackle all kinds of issues, including smoking, weight loss, stress reduction, motivation and pain control.
During the course, you’ll learn a range of invaluable techniques to induce hypnosis and embed commands, including those pioneered by Milton Erikson and Dave Elman.
Time Line Therapy™ and Hypnosis Course Schedule
- July 8, 2019 - July 12, 2019: Spaces available
- September 9, 2019 - September 13, 2019: Spaces available
- November 18, 2019 - November 22, 2019: Spaces available
Cost: 5 days – £1175 per person
Once you’ve completed the course and achieved the required standard, you’ll hold a certificate as:
- Practitioner of Time Line Therapy™
- Practitioner of Hypnosis
- Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy™
- Master Practitioner of Hypnosis
Edge NLP is one of the few training establishments accredited to offer Time Line Therapy™ at Master Practitioner level.